Writing for BodyAware affords me the opportunity to research some pretty sexy topics. This week we’re talking about the penis! Here are ten facts that I bet you didn’t know about yours.
- There are actually two types of penises, “growers” and “showers”. The “Grower “expands and lengthens when it becomes erect. About 79% of us have a grower. The “Shower” looks big most of the time and doesn’t really increase much in size when erect. 21% of us have a shower.
- While we’re talking size; the average flaccid penis is 3.16 inches long and 3.66 inches around. The average erect penis is 5.16 inches long and 4.59 inches around.
- Ever heard a penis referred to as a “love muscle”? Well it’s a misnomer. There are no muscles located in the penis.
- Even though there are no bones in it, you can break your penis. If you bend or twist it to far while erect you can rupture some of the blood vessels in it. This will result in quite a bit of pain and swelling. Most breaks occur during vigorous sex when your partner is on top. You slip out and they slam down on your erection. Soooooo, be careful in there……out there?
- The size of your feet has nothing to do with the size of your penis. This is an urban myth.
- Some men stay erect for quite a while after orgasm. Blood flow, state of arousal and erection medications play a role in this.
- Speaking of staying hard after orgasm; some men can get right back to business, some need 20 minutes to recover and others need a full day before they are ready to go again.
- An enlarged prostate gland can cause both erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. If you’re suffering from either of these conditions have your prostate checked.
- The signal for ejaculation doesn’t come from your brain. It comes from your spinal chord.
- Smoking can actually shorten the length of your penis so ditch the cigs!!
I hope this week's blog has been informative. I had a blast researching it, I hope you enjoyed reading it!
Do you have any interesting Penis Facts that you would like to add to the 'ever growing' list? We always love to hear from our readers!
Have a great week!